Brooklyn Theatre Arts High School is a collaborative learning community dedicated to fostering the creativity, critical thinking skills, and personal growth of our students. BTA graduates leave our school as masters of academia, problem solving, and themselves, both confident and well-prepared for the next chapters of their lives.Performance
- 85% of students graduate in four years
- 56% of students enroll in college or career programs
- 81% student attendance
- 76% of students feel safe in the hallways, bathrooms, locker room, and cafeteria
- 59% of students feel that this school offers a wide enough variety of programs, classes, and activities to keep them interested in school
See the School Quality Snapshot Academics
ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) COURSES
AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and CompositionActivities
PSAL SPORTS – GIRLS
Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Handball, Indoor Track, Outdoor Track, Softball, Volleyball
PSAL SPORTS – BOYS
Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Football, Indoor Track, Outdoor Track, Soccer, Volleyball, WrestlingOther Features
- 10th Grade Seats Available
- Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- College Trips
- Dress Code
- Extended Day Program
- Health Center
- Online Grading System
- Summer Internships
- Summer Orientation
- Weekend Programs
Here’s how to get started with high school admissions:
- Sign up for the high school and Specialized High Schools email lists. We’ll notify you when the application opens. You will also get updates, key date reminders, and tips throughout the admissions process.
- Keep reading this page to learn how to participate in high school and Specialized High Schools admissions, what makes a balanced high school application, and how students get offers.
- With MySchools(Open external link), you can explore your high school options, find choices for your application, register to test or audition for the Specialized High Schools, and apply to high school—all in one place. Be sure to discuss your application choices with your school counselor.
- Learn more about schools on their websites. Find up-to-date information on any virtual events on our website, or by contacting schools directly.
- Apply to high school by the deadline.